Founded in 1977, The Morrison School's goal is to prevent learning differences from becoming lifelong proplems that interfere with educational, personal, and professional success. The Morrison School teaches students to master everything from attention problems, language processing disorders, personal or social problems, reading, math, written language, and comprehension deficits. Through a customized curriculum, the faculty and staff also create a challenging learning environment for students with superior intellect and special gifts and talents.
The next Head of School for Morrison needs to be a leader who is passionate about students with learning differences and who can build upon the many strengths of The Morrison School.
Applicants need to have significant experience with Special Education, preferably a degree in Special Education. Learn more about the position through the video and Opportunity Profile found at www.jobfitmatters.com/morrison
If, after reading the Opportunity Profile, you sense that your experience is an initially good match for The Morrison School, we invite you to begin the inquiry process. We handle all candidate information and conversations confidentially. You may contact Laura Coverstone at any stage of the process for more information and to ask questions (see contact information below).
Please provide the following for review:
Submit this information in one document or .pdf to:
Laura Coverstone (615)261-4623
In the subject line of the email, please write "Morrison Head of School"
Teacher & Teacher Assistants K-12
Hiring for Summer Program and Fall 2017
• Develop appropriate curriculum and instruction using best practices
• Behavior Management skills
• Teachers and teaching assistants must pass a background check
• General Education or Special Education teaching certification preferred
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Calm demeanor and patience to handle difficult and stressful situations
• Strong work ethic and integrity
• Strong organizational skills
• Confidentiality required
• Ability to successfully work in a team environment with a positive attitude
• Experience or background working with children, either formal or experiential
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Virginia or Tennesse Teacher Licensure
Special Education training or experience preferred but not required
Full-time employment 10 months Hours 7:45-4:00
Salaried positions commensurate with experience, education, and credentials
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your resume to email@example.com